Política de Privacidad
We at Getcontact listen to our users and we are committed to protecting the principles of privacy and fair use that underpin our values to offer a transparent and secure service. We want you to be confident that your personal information is safe and secure with us.
- how we collect your personal information;
- what personal information we collect;
- how we use your personal information;
- who we share your personal information with; and
- the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information.
Last modified: July 12th, 2018
1. Who are we?
2. How do we collect personal information?
Subject always to obtaining your prior clear and affirmative consent, we may obtain personal information from you through our websites, mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of Getcontact.
3. What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you when you consent to give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Services for example we may collect your name, telephone number and email.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide us is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading.
We do not intend to collect personal data of persons who are not users of the Services and we are not liable for the disclosure of privacy (including personal data) of third parties as a result of your actions in the course of using the Services.
Information that you may provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. For example, we will ask for certain information in order for you to register for an account with us, to begin using our Services, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us, such as:
- Contact and correspondence information (such as name and email address);
- User name and password;
- Profile information (such as profile photo and biography); and
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account).
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, we will try to explain to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
You may also choose to provide us with information in connection with your interaction with our Services. For example, you may through our tagging functionality flag a phone number for authentication as spam or share with us other profile information to be collected and verified within our search directory, for the purposes of optimising our Services and preventing potential fraud or unwanted spam for users active in the Getcontact community.
Where our Services are obtained from Google Play or Apple App Store, we will only use permitted and publicly available information to optimise our Services.
We do not publish or disclose non-public contacts or personal information without clear affirmative authorisation to do so.
Where our Services are obtained from sources other than Google Play or Apple App Store, you may choose to share contact information with us, such as the names and numbers contained in your address book. However we do not upload your address book to make it public or searchable.
Information that may be collected automatically
When you use our Services, we may also collect data automatically from you and/or your device which may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws, such as:
- Data and analytics about your use of our Services;
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI);
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language;
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies;
- Broad geographic location based on your IP address;
- Precise geo-location data (GPS, with your consent); and
- Data about your use of our Services, such as in application interaction and usage metrics.
Advertising ID means Apple Identifier for Advertisers (“IDFA”) on Apple and Google Advertising Identity (“GAID”). These are unique identifiers for mobile device that advertisers use for interest based advertising. They are consistent across all apps and thus allow cross-app tracking. On Apple you can opt-out this by choosing “limit ad tracking” option from privacy settings. On Google Android you can opt-out by choosing “Opt-out of interest based ads”.
Advertising IDs are non-permanent, non-personal identifiers, which are uniquely associated with your device. Similar technologies include tracking pixels within ads. These technologies allow companies (including marketers and advertisers) to recognise your device when you use websites and applications.
Data about your device refers to information about your device type, device model, device maker, device operating system and its language or other technical data like screen size or processor, or combination of this data available from a device for a developer for checking the device compatibility with a particular application.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and/or similar technologies (such as "SDKs" or software development kits), as explained further below.
Information that we may obtain from third party sources
We may receive personal information about you from third party sources. For example, if you clicked on an advertisement to direct you to one of our Services we may be provided with information from which ad-network and advertising campaign the install originated from.
You may choose to connect to our Services via your social media account. Exactly what information we receive from your social media will depend on your social media privacy settings, but it would typically include your basic public profile information such as:
- your username;
- profile picture;
- age range; and
The data that we may collect from our partners could include;
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with our Services (such as Facebook, Apple or Google);
- Demographic data (such as to determine the location of your IP address);
- Data to fight fraud (such as click fraud in advertising);
- Data from platforms that our Services run on (such as to verify payment); and
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can optimise the Services we deliver to you.
We do not request or intend to collect any special or sensitive categories of information such as any information on health, race, religion, political opinions, sexual preferences or orientation.
4. How do we use your personal information?
Subject always to obtaining your prior consent, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
1. to enable you to access and use the Services. For example;
- To create user accounts and profiles;
- To identify and verify spam or malicious caller IDs;
- To provide you with the correct versions of our applications; and
- To send you service related communications including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support or administrative messages.
More specifically, we may use your personal information to enable our in-application caller identification and verification function that allows for the verification of unidentified numbers and other data in call or message logs, including the identification of names or tags associated with a certain number related to the incoming or outgoing calls on your device. This function can only disclose personal information related to a number if the number is already available for search in a public database or the number has been associated to a Getcontact user who has consented to his or her number and profile information to be made available for search and for publication as part of the Getcontact directory.
2. to personalise and improve aspects of our Services. For example;
- To respond to your customer support requests;
- To receive error messages about any issues you / your device encounters with our Services to enable us to fix bugs and interoperability issues;
- To detecting and preventing illegal activities;
- To track application installs, for purposes of measuring the effect of our marketing campaigns;
- To conduct optional user feedback surveys;
- To remember you next time you visit one of our Services; and
- Communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us.
We may use your personal information to share information with you related to your interaction with our services including the activity of any connections you may have in common, directly or indirectly, with other users of our Services to provide notifications related to profile visits or related directory searches via our functions and/or in-app features.
3. to communicatewith you, including some or all of the following:
- To provide you with in-app offers and rewards based on your interaction with our Services;
- To serve you with relevant targeted advertisements; and
- To send you marketing communications and/or newsletters if you have subscribed for them about rewards and promotions.
4. for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
5. To comply with legal obligations, including to prevent and/or detect fraud or provide disclosure to the authorities when required by applicable law.
When you use our Services, you can choose not to authorize the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. If and when you authorize it, you would be able to withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost, by un-listing from our Services here.
5. Why do we process your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information (as described in section 4) in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
1. Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your clear and affirmative consent for us to do so.
2. Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are for us to enable you access and use of our Services, to communicate with you about our Services and to improve our Services.
6. Who do we share your personal information with?
When you use any of our Services, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
b. to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary.
c. to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
7. What cookies do we use?
8. What advertisements do we show on our Services?
The advertisements that you see displayed on our Services are delivered on our behalf by certain third-party advertising companies. No information which identifies you, for example your name, address, email address or telephone number, is used to provide this advertising. In order to display advertising most likely to be relevant to you, these third-party advertisers may place or recognise a unique cookie on your browser. This cookie does not collect personal information about you nor is it linked to any identifiable information about you. By using our Services, you are consenting to the use of these third-party cookies for these purposes.
If you would like more information about online advertisements and your choices about how this information may be used by these companies, please find more information here http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
9. What steps do we take to keep your personal data safe?
Your personal data’s security is very important to us. This is why, where it’s appropriate, we use HTTPS to help keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us and you do so at your own risk. By using our Services, you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
10. How long do we keep your personal information?
11. Do we host and/or transfer your personal information outside of the country you are resident?
12. Age Limits
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest based advertising to anyone under the age of 16 years or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected personal data from children under 16, then we will promptly take steps to delete that data as soon as it is practicably possible.
13. Your personal data rights and how to contact us
You have certain rights under existing and applicable data protection legislation including the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing.
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us;
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase:the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to prohibit us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests.