Política de Privacidad
Below is a summary of some key terms of this Privacy Statement. This summary is for your reference only and does not form part of the Privacy Statement.
We at Getcontact listen to our users and we are committed to protecting the principles of privacy and fair use that underpin our values to offer a transparent and secure service. We want you to be confident that your personal data is safe and secure with us.
This Privacy Statement explains the following:
- how we collect your personal data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we use your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with; and
- the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data.
Last modified: January 10th 2020
1. Who are we?
When we say “Getcontact”, “our,” “we,” or “us,” we’re talking about Getverify LDA. This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to all of our apps, services, games, features, software, and website (together, “Services”) unless specified otherwise.
This Privacy Statement explains how we will use personal data about you and the steps we take to ensure your personal data is kept secure and confidential. It should be read together with our Terms of Service.
2. How do we collect your personal data?
We may obtain personal data from you through our websites, mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of Getcontact.
3. What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you in the course of registering for and/or using our Services for example we may collect your name, telephone number and email.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide us is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading.
Information that you may provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal data voluntarily. For example, we will request for specific information in order for you to complete account registration, to begin using our Services, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us, such as:
- Contact and correspondence information (such as name and email address);
- Username and password;
- Profile information (such as profile photo and biography); and
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account).
The personal data that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, we will try to explain to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal data.
You may also choose to provide us with information in connection with your interaction with our Services. For example, you may through our tagging functionality flag a phone number for authentication as spam or share with us other profile information to be collected and verified within our search directory, for the purposes of optimising our Services and preventing potential fraud or unwanted spam for users active in the Getcontact community.
Where our Services are obtained from Google Play or Apple App Store, we will only use permitted and publicly available information to optimise our Services.
We do not publish or disclose non-public contacts or personal data without your clear affirmative consent to do so, if and where we are legally required to ask your consent.
Where our Services are obtained from sources other than Google Play or Apple App Store, you may choose to share contact information with us, such as the names and numbers contained in your address book. However, we do not upload your address book to make it public or searchable.
Information that may be collected automatically
When you use our Services and us having obtained your explicit permission to do so we may also collect data automatically from you and/or your device which may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws, such as:
- Data and analytics about your use of our Services;
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI);
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language;
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies;
- Broad geographic location based on your IP address;
- Precise geo-location data (GPS, with your consent); and
- Data about your use of our Services, such as in application interaction and usage metrics.
Advertising ID means Apple Identifier for Advertisers (“IDFA”) on Apple and Google Advertising Identity (“GAID”). These are unique identifiers for mobile device that advertisers use for interest-based advertising. They are consistent across all apps and thus allow cross-app tracking. On Apple you can opt-out this by choosing “limit ad tracking” option from privacy settings. On Google Android you can opt-out by choosing “Opt-out of interest-based ads”.
Advertising IDs are non-permanent, non-personal identifiers, which are uniquely associated with your device. Similar technologies include tracking pixels within ads. These technologies allow companies (including marketers and advertisers) to recognise your device when you use websites and applications.
Data about your device refers to information about your device type, device model, device maker, device operating system and its language or other technical data like screen size or processor, or combination of this data available from a device for a developer for checking the device compatibility with a particular application.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and/or similar technologies (such as "SDKs" or software development kits), as explained further below.
Information that we may obtain from third party sources
We may receive personal information about you from third party sources. For example, if you clicked on an advertisement to direct you to one of our Services we may be provided with information from which ad-network and advertising campaign the install originated from.
The data that we may collect from our partners could include;
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with our Services (such as Facebook, Apple or Google);
- Demographic data (such as to determine the location of your IP address);
- Data to fight fraud (such as click fraud in advertising);
- Data from platforms that our Services run on (such as to verify payment); and
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can optimise the Services we deliver to you.
We do not request or intend to collect any special or sensitive categories of personal data such as any information on health, race, religion, political opinions, sexual preferences or orientation.
You may choose to connect to our Services via a choice of third-party social platform accounts (such as Facebook, Google+, Apple or Telegram) for the strict purpose of creating and authenticating your Getcontact user profile and for logging in and registration to our Services.
If we are granted permission by you to have access to your social platform account user ID then our Services may be visible on your social platform page that lists your “applications.”
Your chosen third-party social platform may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you, including your social platform account user ID which we may store strictly for the purpose of authenticating and retaining your account and profile preferences.
We will never store any passwords created for any third-party services. Exactly what information we receive from your social platform account will depend on your privacy settings.
4. How do we use your personal information?
Subject always to obtaining your prior consent and your preference selections in application settings, we may use your personal data in the following ways:
1. to enable you to access and use the Services. For example;
- To create user accounts and profiles;
- To identify and verify spam or malicious caller IDs;
- To provide you with the correct versions of our applications;
- To perform on any applicable contractual obligations and
- To send you service related communications including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support or administrative messages and notifications related to your profile visits, directory searches and whether profile related tags have been viewed or any new tags added to the Getcontact directory.
More specifically, we may use your personal data to enable our in-application caller identification and verification function that allows for the verification of unidentified numbers and other data in call or message logs, including the identification of names or tags associated with a certain number related to the incoming or outgoing calls on your device. This function can only disclose personal data related to a number if the number is already available for search in a public database or the number has been associated to a Getcontact user who has consented to his or her number and profile information to be made available for search and for publication as part of the Getcontact directory.
We process your personal data when we must comply with a legal obligation or have a legitimate interest. Such legitimate interests of Getcontact include the protection and maintenance of the security and technical infrastructure of our Services, to create and update our active fraud and spam directories, to implement our spam and unwanted call blocking features, understand and improve our Services and to administer our technical and customer support. Where we process data based on your explicit consent, you may withdraw your consent and/or review your profile preferences at any time via our Privacy Management Centre, if available in your territory.
2. to personalise and improve aspects of our Services. For example;
- To respond to your customer support requests;
- To receive error messages about any issues you / your device encounters with our Services to enable us to fix bugs and interoperability issues;
- To detecting and preventing illegal activities;
- To track application installs, for purposes of measuring the effect of our marketing campaigns;
- To conduct optional user feedback surveys;
- To remember you next time you visit one of our Services; and
- Communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us.
We may use your personal data to share information with you related to your interaction with our services including the activity of any connections you may have in common, directly or indirectly, with other users of our Services to provide notifications related to profile visits, profile tags added or viewed and any related profile directory searches via our functions and/or in application features.
3. to communicatewith you, including some or all of the following:
- To provide you with in-app offers and rewards based on your interaction with our Services;
- To serve you with relevant targeted advertisements; and
- To send you marketing communications and/or newsletters if you have subscribed for them about rewards and promotions.
- To send you a notification when any related profile tag has been added or viewed in relation to your profile or of any other profile available in the Getcontact directory subject to preference settings selected in application.
4. for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
5. to comply with legal obligations, including to prevent and/or detect fraud or provide disclosure to the authorities when required by applicable law.
When you use our Services, you can choose not to authorise the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. If and when you authorise it, you would be able to withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost, by un-listing from our Services.
5. On what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
We will only collect and use your personal data (as described in section 4) in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal data are as follows:
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal data if you have given your clear and affirmative consent for us to do so.
- Legitimate Interests –We may use and process some of your personal data where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal data are for us to enable you access and use of our Services, to create and update our active fraud and spam directories in order to provide protection to our users and the wider community against potential threats of malicious callers or numbers having been flagged with previous intent to conduct fraudulent or criminal activity, to effectively implement our spam and unwanted call blocking features, to understand and improve our spam and fraud protection mechanisms and to administer our technical and customer support for the delivery of our Services.
- Legal obligations – We may need to process your personal data when we are required to comply with a legal obligation.
6. Who do we share your personal data with?
When you use any of our Services, we may disclose your personal data to the following parties:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary;
- to any other person with your explicit consent to the disclosure; and
- to third party services providers and partners who provide a specific Service on our behalf, perform data storage or data processing services, including those located outside your territory and to assist us in analysing how our Services are performing. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only for the strict purpose to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Third Party Service Providers
3rd Party Services
Mobile Advertising Mobile Measurement App installations Pixel tracking
Cloud Storage Providers
Customer Support Providers
Customer support Account verification
Data Analytics Providers
Data Management Providers
Machine learning & algorithms
Email & SMS Marketing
7. What cookies do we use?
8. What advertisements do we show on our Services?
The advertisements that you see displayed on our Services are delivered on our behalf by certain third-party Advertising Partners. No information which identifies you, for example your name, address, email address or telephone number, is used to provide this advertising. In order to display advertising most likely to be relevant to you, these third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. This cookie does not collect personal information about you nor is it linked to any identifiable information about you. By using our Services, you are consenting to the use of these third-party cookies for these purposes.
If you would like more information about online advertisements and your choices about how this information may be used by these companies, please find more information here http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
9. What steps do we take to keep your personal data safe?
Your personal data’s security is very important to us. This is why, where it’s appropriate, we use HTTPS to help keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us and you do so at your own risk. By using our Services, you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
10. How long do we keep your personal data?
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only retain your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and for our legitimate business purposes, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. For example, we delete all call log data within (30) days of storage as we use this data to identify and target potential spam risks or fraud patterns.
11. Do we host and/or transfer your personal data outside of the country you are resident?
Our Services are global by nature and your personal data may be hosted/transferred in/to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. We take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in our Privacy Statement. Adequate safeguards that our partners may use include standard contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and the Privacy Shield certification in case of transfers to the USA.
12. Age Limits
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 16 years or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, then you may alert our customer support here. If we learn that we have collected personal data from children under 16, then we will promptly take steps to delete that data as soon as it is practicably possible.
13. Managing your Privacy preferences and your personal data rights
We want you to be in control of your privacy preferences, so we have developed a number of features in app and a dedicated Privacy Management Centre to make this as easy as possible, subject to availability in your territory.
Access, Correction, deletion and Portability.
You can access and edit your basic profile information and preferences from within the Getcontact app. You can also obtain a copy of information that is not available in our app in a portable format, so you can move it or store it wherever you want.
We will require you to verify your identity or provide additional information related to your account before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request is unlawful or whether to do so would impact the protection of other users in the Getcontact community.
In addition, you may have certain rights under existing and applicable data protection legislation including;
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal data from us;
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase:the right to request that we delete or remove your personal data from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to prohibit us from using your personal data or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal data;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
You can lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority when you have a complaint about the use of your personal data. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out in this Privacy Statement and/or make a complaint you can contact our customer support team.
15. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Privacy Statement at any time and any changes will be published on our Services. The date of the most recent revision will appear on this page. If we make significant changes to this Statement, we may also notify you by other means such as sending an email. Where required by law we will obtain your consent to make these changes. If you do not agree with any changes, please do not continue to use our Services.