Last modified: March 1st, 2018
We at GetContact listen to our users and we are committed to protecting the principles of privacy and fair use that underpin our values to offer a transparent and secure service. You may opt-out at any time from our Services and unlist your personal information easily and without charge from our search directory.
Please also read our GetContact Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
What is personal information?
Personal information is defined as information that may be used to identify a living individual, such as their title, name, email address and phone number.
What Information do we collect?
GetContact receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services. On installation of our application you provide personal information, such as your mobile phone number to create an account. You also provide us the phone numbers and contact names in your mobile address, including those of both the users of our Services and your other contacts. You confirm you are authorised to provide us such contacts.
You may also customise additional information to your account, such as a profile name, profile picture and email address. You may also provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including how to contact you so we can provide you customer support.
If you pay for any of our premium Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
We receive information other people provide us, which could include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number and contact description from their mobile address book if authorised to do so, in the same way you may provide theirs. We allow you to use our Services in connection with third-party services. If you use our Services with such third-party services, we may receive information about you from them. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
We may use various third parties to help provide the highest quality of Services to you as possible. The following sets out the type of relationships with potential third parties as they relate to your information:
· Service Providers
· App Analytics
· Social Networks and Email Platforms
· Ad Servers
We may use third-party service providers:
· to collect and store data regarding use of our website and Services;
· to serve our advertisements on other websites, within third party applications, and across the Internet; and
· to provide us with information regarding the effectiveness of our advertisements;
Our analytics partners may collect information including:
· Device and network information, including platform information, IP address, network carrier, and a country code.
· Application information, how you use them, and the frequency and duration of usage.
· Personal Information that you share with our applications.
· Available Personal Information from third parties used for authentication when you login to, or create accounts on, our applications using platforms like Facebook. Including for example your name, email address, device, application usage, user ID, and contact information.
· Device location information if location services are enabled or applicable to the Services.
Additional information related to ad servers and to understand your choices about not having this information used by third-party ad servers, we recommend you visit http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.aboutads.info.
How do we Use your information?
We strive to use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customise, support, and market our Services.
· We operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customising our Services. By storing and assessing call logs we can better identify and target spam and fraudulent callers.
· We do our best to understand how people use our Services, and analyse and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
· We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally and in good faith.
· We communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates.
What type of Information is shared?
You share your information as you use our Services, and we share your information to help us provide the highest functionality of our Services. GetContact allows for you to change your Services settings to manage your preferences, for example access and visibility of your profile name and photo.
We may share your Personal Information:
· with our affiliates;
· with our third party service providers (for example, to help distribute our Services, communicate with you, process payments, or provide other operational services);
· to correlate, match, or verify information; and
· to verify or enforce our Terms of Services or other applicable policies and guidelines;
How you can Control your preferences
You can customise, limit, or delete your information on our Services by either changing your preferences in our profile function in application, including contact profile and photo. You may delete the GetContact application at any time using our deletion function in application or from your mobile settings and can remove your number at any time from the GetContact directory without charge, quickly and simply by completing the unlist form found here.
How long do we retain Information?
How We Protect Information
We put in place commercially reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the security of your information against unauthorised access. These measures include the implementation of reasonable technical, physical and administrative data security safeguards that are appropriate to the risk and in line with our business operations and industry standards.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our systems, no applications, website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
Our Policy on Children
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children. Children under 18 are not eligible to use our Services. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase any premium Services. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to remove such information from our directory.
Transfer of Personal Information to Other Countries
GetContact is driven to being a policy compliant driven service which is committed to meeting the demands of our users the best it can whilst meeting the according requirements of the regulatory bodies that protect them. GetContact shall endeavour to localise policy when viable to best satisfy any such requirements.
We consider the protection of your personal information of paramount importance for the integrity of our Services and in line with this we undertake all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access.